WRTI's Inventors Links - the most comprehensive source of information on the web for inventors.
The Wessex Round Table of Inventors (WRTI) is a club formed by and for inventors, innovators and entrepreneurs - whether lone beginners or experienced professionals.
Based in Southampton, Hampshire, the club acts as a catalyst for ideas and a forum for like-minded individuals to meet and share views. WRTI also serves to stimulate, encourage and promote the development of members' innovative new invention ideas, concepts and/or products.
WRTI is an invaluable source of practical help and guidance in creating and progressing new ideas:
- Monthly club meetings, featuring guest presentations and providing ample networking opportunities.
- Support and advice from like-minded inventors and innovators, to help avoid pitfalls.
- Critical and impartial appraisals.
- Assistance with research, prototyping, design, development and manufacturing.
- Advice on Intellectual Property Rights (IPR): patent searching, patenting, registered designs, copyright and non-disclosure agreements (NDAs).
- Advice on grants for feasibility studies, R&D, etc. and on other sources of finance.
- Advice on creating realistic marketing and business plans.
- Advice on license agreements and royalty payments.
- Advice on publicity, press releases, exhibitions etc.
WRTI has produced and had published 'The WRTI Book of Practical Inventing'. This is a practical guide for all those inventors, actual or would-be and those who have yet to take their first real steps toward making their new product come true. Chapters include: developing ideas, business planning, making prototypes, bringing inventions to market, knowing when to let go, etc. It is available for instant download as an eBook priced at £3.99 from bookboon.com. Royalties from the book contribute to WRTI's activities in support of innovators and inventors.
Newspaper articles showcasing the Wessex Round Table of Inventors:
Southern Daily Echo 2008, Mail on Sunday
2006, Sunday Times 2002,